Saturday, March 14, 2015

Win - Win

Because I'm the greatest husband. EVER. I decided to give my wife my brand new, never used, straight out of the box, never opened, cell phone.

Which really does make it sound like I really am the greatest husband. EVER.

In reality, what happened was my brand new, never used, straight out of the box, never opened, cell phone wasn't supposed to be delivered to our house until AFTER I had to go back to the boat.
Typical.
So my loving wife gave me her phone to use temporarily until I got back home. Figuring that she could use my brand new, never used, straight out of the box, never opened, cell phone temporarily until I got back home whereas we could make the switch back to me having a brand new, never used, straight out of the box, never opened, cell phone and she could have her relatively new, not even a year old, cell phone back.
Guess who gets the bigger more powerful one? Not me.

But, because I'm the greatest husband. EVER. I decided that instead of switching things around, deleting apps, syncing up emails, phone numbers, pictures, etc. time and time again, I would just GIVE her the brand new, never used, straight out of the box, never opened, cell phone and I would keep the relatively new, not even a year old, cell phone instead.

Greatest husband. EVER. Right?

Or, I may have an issue with playing around with electronics and never being satisfied with anything stock.
I do love me some Jeremy Clarkson

Or we can go old school

I kept the relatively new, not even a year old, phone in the knowledge that I could change things around, update the ROM, download tons of apps, get root access to the operating system, etc. etc. Fun stuff like that.

I wasn't going to be able to do that with the brand new, never used, straight out of the box, never opened, cell phone because we decided to do a 2 year lease on it. No messing with the fun stuff inside if you have to give it back.

So I look like the greatest husband. EVER. And I still get to play with electronics and attempt to turn my phone into an expensive paper weight by messing with it.
A real possibility

Win-Win.

Plus, chances are very good that I might just leave the phone on the boat anyway. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment