Thursday, October 18, 2012

New Toy

"Tis better to give than receive"
Wrong!
I like love getting new stuff.
And this week on the boat our prayers were answered in the form of a new ARPA radar. w00t!
(Automatic Radar Plotting Aid, for those of you not familiar with maritime acronym speak)

RADAR
Well that just about sums it up

It's pretty nice.

Now I just have to find an ARPA radar class to take during my time off so I can be fully compliant with the ever growing laundry list of regulations that has been implemented by the USCG (United States Coast Guard. Aren't acronyms fun?) in recent years.

In addition to that, I just sent in my application to the USCG in order to take a test so I can upgrade my current license.
So between schooling and tests and dealing with the NMC (National Maritime Center. Acronyms everywhere!) It should be a fun couple of months.

I may just go home and shoot myself in the foot. That might be a least painful option I have at this point.

Be sure to watch this space. This should all go about as smooth as a Corpus Christi crew change.


No comments:

Post a Comment