Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Role Reversal

I'm ready to go back to work.

Wait? What?!

Ready to go back to work?

That's right, folks. I'm ready to go back to work. Technically, I'm ready for a break.

We bought a house. We moved a whole 0.68 miles. But it's not the distance that matters.
It's the stuff. Lots of stuff. TONS of stuff. More stuff than I even realized.

Thankfully, we (and by we, I mean my wife) has made a lot of GREAT friends. Friends that disregarded any weekend plans they had made and helped us move everything we owned in only 2 days. We couldn't have done it without them.

Physically, I'm just beat.

But I'm also mentally drained.

It turns out that picking up everything you own, shoving it in a truck, driving down the street, and then shoving all of your belongings into your new garage is the easy part.
It just never ends

Then the fun really begins.

Then you get to call every type of "Customer Service" that you can think of.
Phone, cable, power, water, Tivo, gas, banking etc. etc. etc.


The best part of moving into a brand new house, is that it is a brand new house. It doesn't exist. It's not in ANY database for ANY company.
No amount of arguing with any "Customer Service" person will convince them that your new house DOES, in fact, exist. Even when you tell them the you are calling them from your own living room. If it's not on the computer screen in front of them, you might as well be calling them from Neptune.

Just trying to get anyone on the other end of the phone that has any idea of what you are talking about is a monumental task. Sometimes it takes multiple calls to the exact same phone number just to speak to the right person. My wife and I like to refer to it as "Customer Service Roulette".

It's mentally taxing trying to explain time and time again that you just want to give these people your hard earned money. All I want to do is watch Robin Meade on the news in the morning.
You would think that they would want your money.
Apparently not.

I have a new found hatred for Time Warner Cable. Congratulations! You really deserve it.

I'm physically beat and mentally drained.
I'm ready to go back to work.

Although we are working a three week hitch to switch around for the holidays.

 On second thought, maybe painting the kids rooms isn't so bad after all.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted to email Heather back. What's the worst that could happen?

    ReplyDelete